12.09.2011

UNDER THUNDER WE DROVE THROUGH A BLACK SKY

Last night were the nocturnes and I think I've never been to so many galleries in one evening. Lots of free booze and people. After a boring lecture at the academy we went to 't Zuid. Although I had a list of galleries I wanted to go to but I didn't went to one of them. We wanted to start of at Ann Demeulemeester where there apparently was a party. But due to personal reasons of someone in my company we didn't went in but instead started the night at Tim van Laere. Beautiful paintings by Kati Heck and lots of people. Thank you for posing on this picture but since I don't have my 'good' camera anymore, some pictures get a little foggy.



After that we went to Zeno-x where there was an exhibition by Jan De Maesschalk, Jockum Nordstrom, Anne-mie van Kerckhoven and Jack whitten called 'Works on paper'. A lot of small drawings but some were quite special. I loved the simplistic and colorful work of Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven and the soft paintings of Jan de Maesschalk. 



Next stop was gallery Van Der Mieden. I like this gallery because of its space and its choice of art but yesterday the works didn't really appeal to me.





We also went to the Beyond Fashion gallery, which has really special contemporary jewellery and products. Some work that really appealed to me was that of Corina Rietveld.



Last stop before we went to Nero's to have some drinks was Maes & Matthijs. Glad we went in there because I really liked the sharp-minded and funny works of Gerard Herman. His exhibition is called (in Dutch) 'Het is weer tijd voor de polonaise' (it's time again for the polonaise). Besides the nice way of installing the works they also had great messages. 




This evening made me realise I should go to galleries more often, but it probably won't happen soon since I just went to a lot in one evening. I just got back from drinks after seeing the screening 'Out of Fashion' at the Fashion Film Festival. Was an interesting screening but I will tell more about that next time.

Sleep tight.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten