12.05.2011

STRONGEST TASTE LOUDEST DROP

Oh how I love the fact that Belgium now also has Spotify. I can browse through other peoples playlists to find music I did not know before. Yes I became quite lazy with discovering new music, new bands etc. But this doesn't mean I appreciate the discoveries less. I also still want to share them with other people :) So this is what I found.


By coincidence I heard 'Keep your head up' by Ben Howard when I was driving back to Antwerp yesterday and it immediately blew me away. In one of my friends Spotify playlists I found Old Pine, this really beautiful version. Ben Howard, who started with music when he was a kid, released his debut album 'These Waters' in 2009. Being only 22 years he surfs whenever he can, travels a lot, drinks to much and makes irrational choices. He loves the outdoors and the autumn. The next few months he will mainly have shows in the UK and France. But in April 2012 my Dutch friends can see him in Paard van Troje, Paradiso or Tivoli.

Ben Howard - Myspace

Next artist is Dillon, which sounds a lot like Lykke Li. But the lyrics of this song and the melody is just really catchy. Last month her debut album 'The Silence Kills' came out. Haven't listen to her whole album yet but I bet it will me a treat for my ears.


Also take a look on her website; Dillon music It has a photo diary on it and all her song lyrics.

Last music I want to share with you know is Assembly by Elephant. This French duo makes magical synth music. Singer Amelia Rivas met Christian Pinchbeck back in May 2010. Since then they've been quietly creating some hauntingly fragile songs with a sense of mystery. Their EP was released last November.






 For more information visit the Elephant website



So that's it for know. Hopefully I will soon be back with more discoveries. 

Ciao.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten